P.A.S.S. (Players Achieving Scholastic Success) is an academic program with the idea of motivating, recognizing and rewarding Everett Youth Hockey players who have excelled in the classroom.
The P.A.S.S. program is open to all Everett Youth Hockey players who are members of EYHBC and meet the requirements of the program. There are two levels that you may qualify for with your dedication to education.
Scholar Athlete: All EYH players who qualify for the Scholar Athlete program will be recognized by name on EYHBC.org, awarded a certificate, receive a small gift and be entered in a drawing for a prize.
Scholar Athlete of the Month: All EYH players who qualify for the Scholar Athlete of the Month program will be recognized on the front page of EYHBC.org with Photo and Biography. In addition the player will receive a Scholar Athlete of the Month plaque and be entered in a drawing at the end of the season with a grand prize of a Silvertips camp scholarship. Each Scholar Athlete of the Month win something.
- Must be a registered player of EYH
- Must be a member of EYHBC
- Minimum of a 3.00 GPA
- Minimum of 3.60 GPA to qualify for the Scholar Athlete of the Month
- Report cards will be the determining factor for a GPA
- Weighted grades for advanced courses at all levels are allowed
- An additional .5 will be added to a grade for an Honors Course
- An additional 1.0 will be added to a grade for an Advanced Placement or College Level course
- Elementary students who are being taught at a higher level will be taken under consideration by the EYHBC Academic Committee. Please submit documentation from the student's instructor
- Qualifying grades will be grades that mirror the EYH season
- All grades during the season are utilized to calculate the GPA
- Student athletes that receive an Incomplete, an “F” or any failing grade, at anytime during the season, are not eligible for the program that year.
- If your schooling situation does not provide the grading information required, then please submit to EYHBC for review.
- Review of grades will be done in private and will remain confidential
How to calculate your GPA
|Four point grading system||Letter grading system|
|A+||4.33||E or O||4.00|
|C-||1.67||Number grading system|
|Note: Honors course gets weighted with an additional .5 to the GPA for that course, and Advanced Placement or College level course gets weighted with an addition 1.0 to that course's GPA|
Click here to download the P.A.S.S. Application
Please print out the P.A.S.S application from the link and remit to:
Attention Academics Committee
Everett, WA 98206