Mike Ferraro Hardship Scholarship Fund
The Mike Ferraro Hardship Scholarship is available to players at Everett Youth Hockey (EYH) who are in need of financial assistance for hockey. The fund will be administered by the Everett Youth Hockey Booster Club (EYHBC) Board of Trustees. Mike, who grew up in a small town just north of Toronto, Ontario; was the close school friend of Dr. Joseph Austin, EYH Coach, who passed away in his mid-twenties in a motorcycle accident. Mike had a tremendous love for the game of hockey and, even though he wasn't physically gifted, played with fierce competitiveness and the heart of a lion. His family could never afford camps, private lessons or anything more than hand-me-down gear but Mike never allowed those to be obstacles for his effort, success and enjoyment of the game. The fund is devoted to his memory with the hope that each successful applicant will, as Mike did, enjoy putting out a great effort every time on the ice, respect his coaches, teammates and opponents and value fair play and sportsmanship.
- Fund up to 95% of your youth hockey fees
- Recreational, B and A players are eligible
- Players from EYH are eligible
- Application period is June 1 - January 30
- Players must work hard, listen to their coach and play fair
- Parents must commit to 40 volunteer hours selling 50/50 tickets at Everett Silvertips games
- Player must write a letter to Mike Ferraro's father telling why they like playing hockey and what they hope to do with their life.
- Must be an EYHBC member